Many times a company may be hampering its own lead generation and sales success simply due to a breakdown in communications. At SALES-LINK we speak regularly with clients to help them gain a better understanding of their company’s strengths and challenges. Once we have some key information in place, we can then focus on achieving success.
SALES-LINK’s 5 Key Marketing Strategies to Avoid Communication Breakdown
- Stress your value. Create a value statement, often referred to as “guiding principles” that tell your customers and employees where your company stands and what it believes in. A great example of a value statement is this one created by Bayer: Bayer’s corporate culture is an important factor in the company’s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement “Bayer: Science For A Better Life.”
- Flex your expertise. Big or small, sharing news of your company’s expertise is essential to establishing credibility with potential leads. Acknowledging your research and experience via correspondence, social media marketing and a professional website, showcases your credentials and successes to date to others who may view your team as inexperienced among a sea of testing or pharma/biotech companies.
- See the endless possibilities. What are ten minutes in the scope of life? A quick phone conversation or meeting with an unfamiliar or what may seen like an odd pairing could yield exciting results for your company, weeks or even years later.
- Trust in your lead gen team to discover hidden new opportunities. We have seen a CRO step in and take over a sponsor’s special testing division (downsizing) because of a brief meeting of the minds that got the wheels turning. Value to the CRO? $500,000 first year; $1M 2nd year. The SALES-LINK database contains contacts in all phases of drug development including discovery, preclinical, regulatory, clinical studies and trials, and post market that is enriched daily by our ten-person team of lead generation researchers. This wealth of networking data makes it possible for SALES-LINK to offer industry developers an outlet for cross promotions and targeted networking.
- Be persistent. Your employees should be passionate about what they do and with passion comes an unrelenting work ethic. There are thousands of companies worldwide offering similar services. Find the time and ways to always be ahead of the game and work with a team that is persistent. We also caution that you are respectful of a potential lead’s schedule and deadlines because being persistent can also become borderline pushy. Find the balance and press on. Calvin Coolidge said it best, “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”